Some weeks ago Dublin the Bus held a well informed information day at Superquinn. On balance most of the commuters that I have been in contact with since were happy with the original proposals, now Dublin Bus propose to done a U-turn.
This is the first major changes to routes in the history Dublin Bus – God knows how long before it happens again, It should offer people of the greater Lucan area a better bus service, Dublin Bus latest offering is more of the same.
1.The Deloitte report made it very clear that there were duplication of many bus routes. This was an opportunity by Dublin Bus to address theses issues instead the latest changes to the 25B route clearly duplicates the 25A route for all but the first section.
2. The Deloitte report also stated the need for more direct routes….hence the name given to Dublin Bus redesigning of services – ‘Network Direct’ . To now claim that the latest re routing of the 25B is ‘Network Direct‘ is a joke. Travelling through Foxborough is the slowest part of the 25A journey at present. Why on earth would you subject commuters on a new route to follow the path of an existing route? It makes no sense. This is a real opportunity with the addition of the new 25B route to get both services there more direct and quickly by splitting into two independent routes.
3. If Dublin Bus is going to engage with the public at events like Superquinn, it should at least have the decency to come back to those same people and put on display any alterations to proposed changes. There are many I know who would not support the changes to the 25B in fact some would say it’s just daft. Simply putting it up on their website is not enough, the least Dublin Bus could have done was to have flyers on the Lucan buses to alert people. Most commuter’s do not go on Dublin Bus website every evening looking for updates.
4. The new route for the 25B will add another 6 minutes on the journey time according to Dublin Bus. I would clearly dispute that fact, but even if it were only 6 minutes, why are Dublin Bus bent on sending the 25B over the same route as the 25A? map
5. Even Bus drivers in the area suggest the new 25B plans is not a good idea.
6. I do fully agree with the extension of the 151 to Foxborough giving commuters other connection possibilities.
I seriously suggest Dublin Bus bring it back to the people of Lucan for further consultation. In my opinion this is a retrograde step and one that must be reconsidered. This could be both Dublin Bus and commuter’s last opportunity for a long time to put in place a service that serves meets the demands of a growing community let’s get it right.
Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 18th